Jobs - Chocolate Decorating Assistant
Chocolate Decorating AssistantWant to join our team? We are looking for a Chocolate Decorating Assistant who can help with the production of BE Chocolat creations.
In order to succeed with BE Chocolat, the ideal candidate for this role should:
- BE excellent at chocolate writing and decorating to produce consistent, quality products
- BE familiar with the industry standard confectionery practices such as chocolate tempering for writing, ganache, praline, caramel, gianduja (preferred but not mandatory)
- BE quality driven, detail oriented
- BE able to work independently
- BE a good team player
- BE trustworthy
- BE flexible and willing to adjust to the team's needs
- BE professional and reliable
- BE resourceful (can-do)
- BE efficient with time management, multi-tasking and recognizing priorities
- BE comfortable being part of an international team
Full and part time possible. Depending on tasks, hours and days can be flexible, as this role can sometimes be done independently from production schedules. Note that during peak holiday times working hours may increase.
- Ability to maintain organization, sanitation, and operational standards.
- Safe Serv required (or test can be taken at hiring time)
- BE familiar with the industry practices
- Neat presentation and following dress code
- Demonstrate good and consistent work ethic
- Embody BE Chocolat values
- Be a good and respectful team player
- Basic English and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 1 year as a cake decorator or chocolatier. Minimum of 3 years in food industry or current student in second year minimum in culinary school.
Send a motivation letter along with your resume, pictures of your past achievements and references to: email@example.com
More about BE Chocolat:
BE Chocolat is devoted to creating the highest Belgian quality chocolates while staying true and respecting the ancestral tradition of Belgian confectioners. We are working exclusively in small batches with couverture chocolate imported from Belgium using Callebaut's Belgian Finest product line, and high quality, organic ingredients.
BE Chocolat is a woman-owned business led by dynamic owner Sylvie Fortin, whose mission, passion and creativity are connecting people, building relationships and partnerships through her love of chocolate. It has been established in the US since 2014 and co-founded with Belgian Master Chocolatier, Benoit Racquet.
BE Chocolat, LLC Confidential Rev. 08/2023